Sandra Grazzini-Rucki was released from jail early this morning, finishing the first portion of her jail sentence which will continue over the next six years. But just hours after being released from jail today, Grazzini-Rucki wasted no time to start engaging in bizarre and threatening behavior.
As I left the Dakota County Northern Service Center in West St. Paul this morning around 8:15 AM, I was shocked to find Grazzini-Rucki standing by my car, taking notes. I got into my car to leave, but Grazzini-Rucki then walked around to the back of my car and continued to take more notes. I stepped out of my car, as Grazzini-Rucki was blocking my car and asked her, “can I help you with something?” Grazzini-Rucki said no and she walked back to a waiting vehicle.
Confusion over Grazzini-Rucki’s release from jail
The tentative release date for Grazzini-Rucki’s release from jail was today, but the Victim Information Notification Everyday (VINE) system failed to send an alert that Grazzini-Rucki had been released. The online inmate search for Dakota County incorrectly listed Grazzini-Rucki as an inmate this morning even hours after she had been released from jail.
This is why I was so shocked to see Grazzini-Rucki standing by my car this morning, as I had not received a VINE alert announced Grazzini-Rucki had been released, and Dakota County still listed Grazzini-Rucki as an inmate on their website.
The VINE alert announcing that Grazzini-Rucki had been released from jail was not sent out until 10:57AM, 4 hours after Grazzini-Rucki left jail. The Dakota County Sheriff’s Office said this morning that a “glitch” delayed the public notification of her release from jail.
Rucki family concerned for their safety
In July, Grazzini-Rucki was found guilty on six counts of deprivation of parental rights for her role in the disappearance of her daughters, Samantha and Gianna Rucki. The sisters ran from their home on April 19, 2013 during a custody and divorce proceeding involving their parents.
The girls’ father, David Rucki, was awarded full custody of all five of his children in November 2013, while two of his daughters remained missing.